January 5, 2012

The Hanger Trick

I don't think I am the only fashion lover that has a hard time parting with certain items in my closet.  Go buy more hangers or say goodbye to some of my wardrobe that I think I will wear again?  I always go the more hanger route.  Here's a trick that you can try instantly with your closet.  It will guide you in deciding what items to depart with that you never wear!

1.  Give yourself an amount of time... say 6 months to 1 year.  Go through your closet and turn all your hangers backwards, just like this...

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgfELebukssV0cu6NG3xuG81KA3TRuAr8nL6k_3eK9YD7tpwaGFgWkT_zh4M27g4JjDKsNczeJ7AaIT9So-wBUhkLpGY1tOUT3UqIeQkMkfB5gdA04or_hV5uDB3UaNV3TaK1z2l3ivTipP/s320/DSC00734.JPG
Photo courtesy of Google.com





2.  Once you wear an article of clothing, hang it up normally in your closet.  At the end of your time period, all of the items that are still hanging backwards, get rid of!  If you haven't worn them in 6-12 months, chances are you aren't going to wear them next year!

3.  Donate these to your local Salvation Army or Goodwill, or sell your clothes to a gently-used clothing store.  You may get a few bucks back for each item, but use that cash to refill your closet!

I hope this trick helps you in this new year!  Come stop by Bliss this weekend where literally half of the store is 50% OFF!!  So much new merchandise, too!  Lots of sheer tops, blingy jeans, and flirty dresses! :)


xoxo, Ali

1 comment: